You’re ready now, it’s time to EARN. It’s time for you to bring your personal, academic, and professional knowledge and experiences together to land that perfect first job! Be comfortable and confident in how you are marketing yourself. Make final updates to your resume, cover letters, and interviewing skills. The effort you put in during the previous three years will let this be a much less stressful time for you. It’s time to compete confidently.
- Students are able to evaluate and assess job opportunities and offers.
- Students can research, discover and apply for potential employment openings using various platforms.
- Students understand the importance of lifelong learning and know the value of continuing to develop professional skills beyond graduation.
- Students are able to take their next step in future career success.
Career Studio Supports:
The Career Studio Interns support students for both scheduled and drop-in appointments at the Career Center in Scruggs University Center, B12. Connect with the Studio Intern relevant to your major and career path. Our interns are able to help you with the following:
- Researching Potential Job Opportunities Using Various Platforms
- Assessing and Reviewing Job/Graduate School Offers
- Registering Student for Job/Career Fair
- Updating Resume, Cover Letters, and Online Profiles
- Participating in Mock Interview Experiences with Staff and/or Outside Employers
- Composing Thank You Letter Composition & Review
I was a first-generation college student, and while I’ve held numerous jobs over the past decade, the struggles that began in college still have a lasting effect on me today. Unfortunately, many of the issues we first-generation college students (or …
Your resume is where you get to show employers all you’ve done and can do, including work experience, education, internships, volunteering, certifications and awards, and your skills. Understanding the right job skills for a resume requires a mix of pulling …