Our Wealth Management team
Wealth Management from U.S. Bank and U.S. Bancorp Investments offers comprehensive wealth management services to individuals and families across a wide range of wealth levels. Clients have access to the expertise of U.S. Bank, which provides banking, trust, planning and investments, as well as the resources of U.S. Bancorp Investments, which delivers planning, investment, insurance, and brokerage services. Together, we offer an integrated wealth management approach focused on the unique needs of our clients.
What you’ll do:
Our 10-week paid internship will provide you with the foundational knowledge on how wealth management teams meet clients’ needs. You will be exposed to diverse roles broadly focused on project management, process and policy development and execution, compliance and supervision, business planning, client acquisition tactics and advisor acquisition and retention tactics. You will receive accelerated learning and skill development through a mix of on-the-job training, mentorship, a community of peers and advisors, and a pathway to our full-time Wealth Management Development Program upon graduation.
As a Wealth Management Intern, you’ll:
- Get hands-on experience working on projects that impact the business such as:
- Performing research, analysis, review, development, implementation, and monitoring of new and/or revised products/services.
- Analyzing current costs and estimates the cost or cost savings and enhanced benefits that may be achieved by implementing a recommendation.
- Compiling and analyzing information for an assigned project or area and making recommendations based on findings.
- Co-leading and influencing a working team of project staff.
- Acting as a project liaison with other departments.
- Develop technical and business acumen through training, mentorship, and exposure to senior executives
- Build a supportive community of peers through a variety of cohort strengthening activities such as social events, volunteer days, and development workshops
Who we’re looking for:
Do you have a service-minded outlook, with a strong desire to help others understand their finances? Are you interested learning how financial planning can be the right tool to improve your own financial situation? If you are business-savvy, with strong communications, leadership, and project management skills, then the Wealth Management Internship may be right for you!
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a target graduation date of December 2024 or May 2025
- Basic understanding of Financial/Accounting terms, concepts, and applications
- Ability to start internship program on June 10, 2024
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic with a proactive, flexible attitude and a desire to pitch in wherever needed
- Developed problem solving skills and a solutions-focused approach to addressing challenges
- Outstanding teamwork and project execution skills with multitasking capability
- Unwavering integrity and ethics
- Proficient in Office 365, with strong skills in Excel
Working model and hours:
This role is hybrid. Interns who are in a hybrid role typically spend three days a week at the listed U.S. Bank location(s), while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days.
Interns work approximately 40-hours each week during the internship.
The application process:
If you are interested in applying and learning more, click on the Apply Now icon to submit your application. Most applications will be closed on September 29, 2023.
- Meaningful, hands-on work that impacts the business
- Networking opportunities with senior leadership, U.S. Bank team members, and interns
- Option for a sign-on bonus
- Potential for a fulltime offer upon graduation into a development program