This is a part-time temporary hourly position that would support various projects in the State Library.
Job Functions and General Responsibilities:
- Gather and organize statistics
- Proofread reports, websites, and documents
- Review links and descriptions on various websites, guides, and resources
- Data entry for catalog and patron record standardization
- Assist in inventory of library print collection
- Online research and evaluation of resources
- Scan and digitize paper documents
- Pack documents for removal to Archives
- Other duties as assigned by State Library staff
- Assist State Library staff in preparing for outreach events and presentations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interest in libraries, state government, or research.
- Good general office skills and basic understanding of computer use and applications, especially Excel.
- Attention to detail and the ability to check work for accuracy.
- Ability to organize and keep track of large-scale data and projects.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Basic knowledge of libraries and online resources.
Must be attending or have plans to attend college in the fall. College courses in a related field are highly preferred. Experience in an office setting is required.
The above job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.