An Archives Intern supports the work of the Archives, performing a variety of diverse detailed tasks that require the ability to work independently within established practices.
Under the general supervision of the Reference Services Manager, the Archives Intern executes duties crucial to the long-term preservation of historic Missouri Supreme Court records and assists with general reference activities. These duties include basic manipulation and conversion of indexes, assisting with research and copy requests, and basic document preservation to improve access to records.
Job Functions and General Responsibilities:
- Assists archivists with processing paper collections by removing metal fasteners, humidification, and flattening. This will also involve reading 19th century court documents to place them in order, properly label, and summarize the case files.
- Works with archivists to prepare databases for access. Metadata on each case is compiled and added to the Missouri Supreme Court Historical Records or other databases.
- Verifies project contents are readable and complete.
- Assists in Reference to complete research or copy request for remote researchers.
- Performs all other duties assigned by the Reference Services Manager or the State Archivist.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in operating personal computers using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Basic database and data entry knowledge required.
- A high level of accuracy in repetitive tasks is required.
- Proficiency in expressing ideas clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, public officials, private groups and the public.
High school diploma or proof of equivalency required; Related degree preferred. Must be able to repetitively lift and carry a forty-pound box and climb a ladder to retrieve and return materials.
The above job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.