Looking for a Job? Go to HANDSHAKE!
The LU Office of Career Services uses the online platform Handshake to connect students to future employment and internship opportunities.
Handshake is your safe all-in-one platform to:
- Find and apply to local, out-of-state, and international jobs and internships
- Network with employers
- Find and register for employer events happening all over the world
- Message employers who work where you want to be
- Schedule interviews with employers
Handshake also allows you to build a personal profile, adjust privacy settings, create job search filters and set automatic email alerts for new job and internship opportunities.
Handshake Log-In Instructions for Students
All current students enrolled at the University automatically have a Handshake account created. Follow these steps to access your account:
- Visit lu.joinhandshake.com/login
- Choose the “Current Student” log-in/link option
- You will then be prompted to enter your LU credentials (School E-Mail & Setup Password)
Handshake Best Practices
- Discover the jobs you actually want. Handshake shares job and internship recommendations based on your interests, major, and skills. Explore collections of jobs just for you.
- Stand out to employers. Add your work experiences, skills, interests, and organizations to your profile to attract top employers and land your next job.
- Stay on track. Favorite jobs to prioritize applications and never miss a deadline.
- Keep your Handshake profile up-to-date. “Students with completed profiles are 5 times more likely to get a message from a recruiter on Handshake!” (Source: Handshake)
Need more help? Setup an appointment or stop by the office during drop-in hours!
Missouri Hospital Association, the Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education are hosting the 2nd Annual Health Care Career Day on February 24.
This statewide virtual event will take students inside Missouri …
It’s normal to be nervous about an upcoming interview, but prepping answers to tricky questions can help ease the process and make sure you present how you’ll do the job. Even with the standard interview process in flux, you can …