Looking for a Job? Go to HANDSHAKE!
The LU Office of Career Services uses the online platform Handshake to connect students to future employment and internship opportunities.
Handshake is your safe all-in-one platform to:
- Find and apply to local, out-of-state, and international jobs and internships
- Network with employers
- Find and register for employer events happening all over the world
- Message employers who work where you want to be
- Schedule interviews with employers
Handshake also allows you to build a personal profile, adjust privacy settings, create job search filters and set automatic email alerts for new job and internship opportunities.
Handshake Log-In Instructions for Students
All current students enrolled at the University automatically have a Handshake account created. Follow these steps to access your account:
- Visit lu.joinhandshake.com/login
- Choose the “Current Student” log-in/link option
- You will then be prompted to enter your LU credentials (School E-Mail & Setup Password)
Handshake Best Practices
- Discover the jobs you actually want. Handshake shares job and internship recommendations based on your interests, major, and skills. Explore collections of jobs just for you.
- Stand out to employers. Add your work experiences, skills, interests, and organizations to your profile to attract top employers and land your next job.
- Stay on track. Favorite jobs to prioritize applications and never miss a deadline.
- Keep your Handshake profile up-to-date. “Students with completed profiles are 5 times more likely to get a message from a recruiter on Handshake!” (Source: Handshake)
Need more help? Setup an appointment or stop by the office during drop-in hours!